News and Events Archive
- April 15, 2013: Dr. Sandy Shultz and Dr. Jenny Etnier will be inducted into the National Academy of Kinesiology in Fall 2013 based on their significant contributions to the study of human movement and physical activity. Congratulations!
- April 8, 2013: Professor Jennifer L. Etnier was interviewed on NPR for her research on Physical Activity and Alzheimer's Disease (the PAAD Study). To learn more, visit www.paadstudy.org.
- Feb. 7, 2013 : Kinesiology: "The Science of Physical Activity" Lab Tour presented by the Rise Network. Meet our scientist scholars and graduate students and experience guided laboratory experiment tours! For more information ...
- Jan. 14, 2013 : Justin Somers has been named the PEHTE/National Association for Sport and Physical Education Major of the Year for 2013. Justin is a senior who is student teaching this spring at Summerfield Elementary and Jamestown Middle School. He will use funding from the PEHTE Major of the Year Award to attend the American Alliance for Health Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Convention in Charlotte, April 23-27, 2013 and will receive his award at the NASPE Major of the Year Ceremony at the convention.
- Oct. 17, 2012 : Dr. Etnier, a kinesiology professor in UNCG’s School of Health and Human Sciences, has received a $275,000, two-year grant from the National Institutes of Health to study what preventive strategies may decrease the risk of dementia for a person who has a first-degree relative with Alzheimer’s disease. Read more...
- Sept. 2012 : The Department of Kinesiology is conducting research to determine if a person's genetic risk for Alzheimer's disease predicts the benefits they experience from exercise. For further information and participation requirements visit The PAAD Study.
- Friday Sept. 14 from 2-4pm in Rm. 247 HHP Blg. : Open House in the VEAR Laboratory (the Virtual Environment for Assessment and Rehabilitation).
For more information contact Dr. Rhea at email@example.com and Read Story ...
- Sept. 10, 2012 : Congratulations to Dr. Etnier of the Department of Kinesiology . Her book, Bring your 'A' Game ", has
been translated into Korean !
- The Science of Healthful Living Grant - NIH
Dr. Catherine D. Ennis
Read the Campus Weekly ArticleResearch and Instruction in STEM Education at UNCG
- January 2012 : What is Athletic Training ? Watch the video submitted by Kinesiology for the 2012 NATSC Video Contest !!
- December 2011: John Bowman and Steve Sexton have been selected as the 2011-2012 Department of Kinesiology, Physical Education and Health Teacher Education Majors of the Year. As part of this honor, they receive funding from alumnae gifts and the student enrichment fund to attend the American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Annual Convention in Boston, MA, March 13-17, 2012.
- Summer 2011 Course: KIN 396 Dissecting Martial Arts in Contemporary China - Dr. Ang Chen, Instructor - Course Information (PDF)
Follow on Facebook
- KIN Graduation Ceremony: May 5, 2011 at 6 p.m.: For more information see the Kinesiology Graduation page.
- Kinesiology student, Bernard Posey, is on the World Team in Tae Kwon Do
See more details
- Dr. Ang Chen named Fellow of the National Academy of Kinesiology
- March 2010: CYSD graduate student, Sam Kilsdonk, finishes No. 3 in Saturday's North Carolina Marathon, more info ...
- March 2010: Congratulations to Dr. Kate Barrett, faculty emerita of KIN, on receiving AAHPERD Honor Award.
- March 23 - April 23: Group Scheduling for Summer & Fall 2010!! more info ...
- May 13, 2010 at 6 p.m.: For more information see the Kinesiology Graduation page.
- Friday, April 23, 2010: Girls in Sport Symposium
- Friday, November 20, 2010, 2-3 pm (340 HHP Bldg.) : Dr. Heejoon Chung will speak on "Western and Non-Western Perspectives on Sport and Exercise".